Wednesday 13 April 2011

Tree Pipit and Hawfinch at Dalton plus Yellow Archangel in Arnside



Wednesday April 13th 2011. (0730hrs-0830hrs) Had a walk up from Plain Quarry to Trig point and back. Did have one singing Tree Pipit, half way up on the deforested side of Dalton, yet still none of the two paired Stonechats which must be lying low. On way back just after leaving the main Crags and coming into the small clearing area, there was a Hawfinch near the top of the large trees in front (this is where I had one about two weeks ago), its just before you start coming back down again to the Car Park.

I ommitted yesterday my brief walk up to Arnside Knott. I parked up on the road at the bottom which goes past the Arnside Cemetary and just a little further on. You can see the old Arnside Peel Tower on the left. Just here where I parked theres a very large colony of Yellow Archangel (Lamiastrum galeobdolon) probably of the subspecies argentatum (click over photo to enlarge).