Sunday 9 October 2011

Hat lost to Canal & Pink Feet On their way to Morecambe.

(Click over sketch to enlarge)


Also whilst I have time waiting for the weather to albeit, I have done a quick sketch on last Thursdays episode of when the wind was blowing so strong that it blew my hat off into the nearby Canal. I had to do a bit of "hat fishing" but did eventually get it back, well sodden.... Not just the hat! cos I returned with wet socks and squelching boots.....



(Click over sketch to enlarge)


Today: Went up on Hutton Roof this morning and it was blowing strong, with heavy rain and to cap it all the visibility was down to maybe 30 yards with low cloud, so I gave up and came home.

Yesterday I reported having 63 Pink Footed Geese crossing over from Farleton to Hale and then veering left (South) towards Morecambe, this would have been around the 1345hrs. And it later transpired that Jeff down in Morecambe had approx 60 Pink Feet crossing over Torrisholme (1453hrs) and seen again onwards at Aldcliffe and onward to Sunderland Point.

I thought they may have been the same birds as I had earlier, and possibly they where. But if so it did seem a long time between me seeing them Nr. Hale at 1345hrs and Jeff seeing his at 1453hrs, so did it take them one hour eight minutes to traverse the short distance, seemed a long long time to me. In another post Jeff came up with the possible answer "Perhaps they were stacked by air traffic control" So I could not resist this morning doing a short sketch on the subject.


1500hrs. Just got back from going up to the Trig. The wind was probably a little stronger this morning, the rain had stopped and visibility was down to 30 yards when you got half way up Dalton deforested. In regards to birds, I heard some soft twittering which was coming from grounded Mipits, there was also two Goldfinches grounded and that was that..... Hope tomorrow comes better.....